Oracle Exalytics In the Cloud: Exalytics Hosting from Rittman Mead
Oracle Exalytics BI Machine is Oracle’s in-memory, speed-of-though business intelligence platform build on Sun hardware and Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation. Using a new lightening-fast graphical interface, in-memory relational and OLAP databases, and fast links through to Exadata, Oracle Database and other data sources, Exalytics is the solution for organizations who want to deliver desktop-style analysis but across the whole enterprise.
But what if you don’t want to purchase an Exalytics machine yourself, or go to the trouble of maintaining and configuring it? Rittman Mead’s Exalytics in the Cloud service removes the cost and work involved in running your own Exalytics machine by hosting it for you, in the cloud.
When you use Exalytics in the Cloud through Rittman Mead, we host the Exalytics BI Machine for you, and provide secure access to it for your users via the cloud. We then either connect the Exalytics BI Machine directly to your data, creating in-memory caches using TimesTen or Essbase, or we can replicate your data, using a secure connection, to our own Oracle database and host your reporting data for you, taking care of backups, maintenance and performance tuning.
As well as fully-hosted solutions, we can also help you perform a proof-of-concept exercise using Exalytics hosted in our environment. If you are wondering about the performance benefits of Exalytics, and how your dashboards will look with the Exalytics enhancements, we can help you trial your system and work with you to make the case for implementation.
Exalytics in the Cloud from Rittman Mead offers the following benefits for your organization:
- No need to purchase the Exalytics BI Machine hardware up-front; we simply charge you a monthly fee based on the usage you require
- For proof-of-concepts, we can host your environment and provide access whilst you trial the technology.
- You get a Rittman Mead engineered solution, developed by the top OBIEE and Exalytics consultants in the world.
- No need to worry about installation, configuration or maintenance
- Our team of Exalytics experts takes care of optimizing the use of in-memory caches, running tuning routines regularly to ensure you get split-second response times for your analyses and dashboards
- We take care of backups, applying patches, and dealing with Oracle Support when required
Contact us at email@example.com for more details of running Exalytics in the Cloud, with Rittman Mead.