Rittman Mead are pleased to announce a special, one-off BI Masterclass Tour taking place in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbia, India, October 2013, in partnership with ODTUG.
Update: Unfortunately, Stewart Bryson can’t now make it to India, so Venkat and Mark will be leading all of the sessions at each event. Mark will still deliver Stewart’s “Extreme BI: Agile BI Development using OBIEE, ODI and Golden Gate” session, and Venkat will deliver a new session on OBIEE Security Audits instead of Stewart’s session on MDS XML. Apologies for this late change to the agenda, but we hope you’ll still come along to one of the events.
Outside of the US and the UK, the greatest number of readers of the Rittman Mead Blog come from India, and with Rittman Mead India based in Bangalore, we thought it was time we brought the spirit of the BI Forum to India by running a series of one-day BI Masterclasses at three venues in India in October 2013. Masterclass sessions will be lead by Mark Rittman (Oracle ACE Director, and author of the Oracle Press book “Oracle BI Developers Guide”), and Venkatakrishnan J (Oracle ACE, Managing Director for Rittman Mead India, and well-known blogger on OBIEE and EPM Suite), and will cover the following product areas:
- Oracle BI Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52 development, administration and new features
- Oracle BI Applications 184.108.40.206.1 configuration and development
- Oracle EPM Suite 220.127.116.11+
- Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Oracle Data Integrator
Each event will consist of a number of in-depth deep-dive lecture sessions, with demonstrations, time for discussion, best practices and tips & techniques. Based on Rittman Mead’s extensive field experience in deploying BI, analytics, data warehousing and EPM solutions around the world, this one-off masterclass tour is an excellent opportunity to “learn from the experts”, and network with similar developers and administrators working with Oracle’s BI and EPM technologies. The planned agenda for each event is as follows, but may be amended based on product announcements at Oracle Openworld 2013:
- 9.30am – 10.00am: Registration and Welcome
- 10.00am – 10.30am: Oracle BI, Analytics and EPM Product Update – Mark Rittman
- 10.30am – 11.30pm: Extreme BI: Agile BI Development using OBIEE, ODI and Golden Gate – Mark Rittman
- 11.30pm – 12.30pm: OBIEE 11g Integration with the Oracle EPM Stack – Venkatakrishnan J
- 12.30pm – 1.30pm: Lunch & Networking
- 1.30pm – 2.30pm: OBIEE and Essbase on Exalytics Development & Deployment Best Practices – Mark Rittman
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm: OBIEE 11g Security Auditing – Venkatakrishnan J
- 3.30pm – 4.00pm: Coffee Break & Networkng
- 4.00pm – 5.00pm: Intro and tech deep dive into BI Apps 11g + ODI – Mark Rittman
- 5.00pm – 6.00pm: Metadata & Data loads to EPM using Oracle Data Integrator – Venkatakrishnan J
The dates, locations and registration links for the three events are as follows:
- Bangalore, Fortune Select Trinity Hotel, Whitefield: October 15th 2013, 10am – 6pm (IST)
- Hyderabad, Westin Mindspace, Hyderabad, Hitec City: October 17th 2013, 10am – 6pm (IST)
- Mumbai, Courtyard Marriott, Mumbai: October 19th 2013, 10am – 6pm (IST)
The events are also being run in partnership with ODTUG, a world-wide user group focusing on Oracle tools and technology including BI, and EPM. We’re very pleased to have ODTUG’s involvement in the event, and we’ll be giving away ODTUG materials and associate membership at each event.
A nominal fee of Rs. 3000 + Service Tax is being charged for attendance, which will include lunch, refreshments, printed materials, an attendance certificate and a networking event at the close of each session (this fee must be paid in advance, with details on how to pay either by bank transfer, or cheque, on the registration website). Numbers are strictly limited, so register now using one of the three links above, or contact either Mark Rittman (email@example.com) if you have any other questions about the agenda, or Venkatakrishnan J (firstname.lastname@example.org) for questions about registration and the venues.. Note that this is a lecture-based format, there are no hands-on labs, although you are welcome to bring your laptops + installed software if you would like to try out any of the techniques we describe, or discuss any aspect of Oracle BI development and administration.