Oracle have now officially launched Oracle Business Intelligence 11g, with general availability of the software expected to be before Oracle Open World 2010 in September. On this page you will find links to our articles and resources around this new release, details of forthcoming training events and courses, and details of our services to support your move to 11g.
More Details on Oracle Business Intelligence 11g New Features
Over the coming weeks, we will be providing more details on the 11g release of Oracle Business Intelligence on our blog. As articles are published, we will provide links to them on this page.
- At the OBIEE 11g Launch in London
- OBIEE 11gR1 : New User Interface, Home Page and Unified Framework
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Architecture and Use of WebLogic Server
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Support for Ragged, Skip-Level and Value-Based Hierarchies
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Hierarchical Columns, and Enhancements to Pivot Table Views
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Enhancements to Essbase Support
- OBIEE 11gR1 : New Visualizations, Dashboard Controls and Interactions
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Action Framework and Conditions
- OBIEE 11gR1 : Scale-out, Clustering and High Availability
In additional, Oracle Corporation have now published a large amount of information on this new release. Here’s a selection of the ones we’ve found most useful.
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Launch microsite, including webcast, videos, collateral & product demos
- Slides from the launch from Charles Phillips and Thomas Kurian
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Technical Overview, a 55-page white paper setting out the new features in lots of detail
- Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Data Sheet
- Oracle Scorecard and Strategy Management Data Sheet
- A Flickr set from Oracle containing screenshots of the new release
- A blog from Oracle Consulting setting out some of the new features in detail
Rittman Mead and OBIEE 11g at Oracle Open World 2010, San Francisco
Rittman Mead will be presenting on OBIEE 11g at Oracle Openworld 2010 in San Francisco, September 2010. Here are the current details of scheduled sessions.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Dashboarding/Reporting and More, Mark Rittman
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Architecture Best Practices, Mark Rittman
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Data Modeling Best Practices, Mark Rittman
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition/Oracle Fusion Middleware, Venkat Janakiraman
Rittman Mead will also be presenting on Oracle EPM Suite, Oracle Data Integration Enterprise Edition, Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle data warehousing at Open World. Check back nearer to the time for further details.
Rittman Mead OBIEE 11g Consulting, Support and Upgrade Services
As the leading implementation specialist and thought leader for Oracle business intelligence, data warehousing and performance management systems, Rittman Mead have been long prepared for this major new release of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g.
To ensure organisations can benefit from the powerful functionality of this comprehensive BI tool, Rittman Mead have created a series of innovative implementation, upgrade and training offerings designed to deliver maximum return on existing and future BI investment.
Click on the datasheet for downloadable details of these services.
OBIEE 11g Ready
Rittman Mead’s OBIEE 11g Ready is a review and roadmap service delivering a report designed to show how your organisation is currently using OBIEE, how to maximise your investment in OBIEE skills and technology, how moving to OBIEE 11g can make a real difference to your business; and a plan, based on Rittman Mead’s best practice methodology, for how to make it happen.
OBIEE 11g Upgrade
The Rittman Mead OBIEE 11g Upgrade is a packaged upgrade service based on Rittman Mead’s unparalleled technical product knowledge, and best practice methodologies developed through many years experience in delivering Oracle BI, DW and EPM solutions. Rittman Mead’s 11g Upgrade service is designed to deliver your existing OBIEE solution on the new 11g platform, in rapid timeframes at low cost, giving your organisation the opportunity to take advantage of the wealth of new capabilities on offer in OBIEE 11g.
OBIEE 11g Trial Run
For organisations interested in the benefits available through the new features in the new 11g release, RIttman Mead is offering a free OBIEE 11g Trial Run to demonstrate the genuine value delivered by the advanced capabilities of OBIEE 11g. Rittman Mead’s expert OBIEE consulting team will work on-site to deploy your organisation’s OBIEE instance on a pre-configured Oracle 11g environment to demonstrate the power of the latest functionality, and allow users and developers the opportunity to get hands-on with the new release in their own business context.
OBIEE 11g Implementation
Rittman Mead provides a full end-to-end OBIEE 11g Implementation Service based upon its proven Delphi Implementation methodology. This agile and iterative approach ensures engagement at all levels of the organisation, from the earliest planning stages through to go live, driving successful return on investment and enabling intelligence business throughout the enterprise.
Combining best practice methodologies with market leading technical knowledge and experience means customers can be assured that with Rittman Mead, real BI solutions to real business challenges are delivered successfully – every time.
Rittman Mead OBIEE 11g Training and Seminars
With the 11g release of Oracle Business Intelligence 11g just around the corner, you will want to train yourself and your team on the new features in this release. Our most popular OBIEE 5-Day Bootcamp course is due to be updated in September 2010 to cover the 11g release, and will cover development and deployment across the full range of OBIEE 11g functionality.
Due later in 2011, our updated Oracle Warehouse Builder 11gR2 course will cover deployment, mapping and ETL using this popular tool, and integration with Oracle Business Intelligence. For organizations looking to train their internal report building team on OBIEE 11g, our End-User course will cover creation of reports, dashboards, alerts and scorecards, whilst our Oracle Data Integration 11g course (due early 2011) will cover development and deployment using Oracle’s strategic data integration tool.
The list of planned 11g courses is shown below, and for dates and availability, contact as at email@example.com
- TRN 202 : Oracle BI EE 11g Developer Bootcamp (5 days)
- TRN 402 : Oracle Warehouse Builder 11gR2 Developer Bootcamp (4 days)
- TRN 205 : Oracle BI EE 11g for End-Users (3 days)
- TRN 403 : Oracle Data Integrator 11g Developer Bootcamp (3 days)
Also check back on this page later in July, for details of our three-day intensive OBIEE 11g Training Days event due to run in September or October 2010, in London, UK and Atlanta, USA.
If you’re responsible for an Oracle business intelligence, data warehousing or performance management project using Oracle’s new 11g range of BI tools, and you’d like to find out how Rittman Mead can help ensure your success, contact us now to arrange an appointment with one of our team.
Questions about Oracle Business Intelligence 11g? Call us now!
T: (888) 631 1410 (USA)
T: +44 (0) 8446 697 995