Well the two BI Forum 2012 events in Brighton, and in Atlanta, are both now over, and as usual we're now making the presentations available for download. Thanks again to all of the speakers, and in particular Kevin McGinley who provided the masterclasses, for putting the time in to create these presentations and share their knowledge at the two events. If you missed them when they were posted, here's the two blog posts recapping Brighton and Atlanta 2012:
- The Rittman Mead BI Forum 2012 : Brighton’s Over, Now off to Atlanta!
- Week Two of the RM BI Forum 2012, in Atlanta
All presentations are in PDF format and, unless otherwise stated, are copyright of their respective authors/companies. Congratulations also to Emiel van Bockel and Jordan Meyer, winners of the best presentation awards for Brighton and Atlanta respectively, and to Antony Heljula and John Minkjan, who tied for best speaker in the 10-minute session category in Brighton.
Kevin McGinley Masterclass slides:
- The Action Framework : A Practical Guide to the Galaxy
- Oracle Scorecard & Strategy Management : The Un-Scorecard Manual
- Oracle BI Mobile : Where are we Now?
- OBIEE 11g Customized : Beyond the Whitepaper...
These are the presentation slides from the rest of the conference, from both Brighton and Atlanta:
- Alan Lee, Matt Bedin, Oracle Corporation : "RM BI Forum 2012 Opening Keynote"
- Steve Devine, Hitachi Consulting : “Effective Dashboard Design”
- Antony Heljula, Peak Indicators, "OBIEE 11g Security - It's as Easy as 1-2-3"
- Adam Ferarri, Oracle Corporation : “Introducing Endeca Information Discovery”
- Tony Selden, PlayTech (Virtue Fusion) : “Whistlestop tour of a greenfield DW/BI Development (...When you really don’t need an ETL tool)”
- Daan Bakboord, Ebicus : “Oracle BI Applications: Can we make it worth the Purchase?”
- Antony Heljula, Peak Indicators : “Disabling your session logs will make no difference!”
- Mike Vickers, Rittman Mead : “The Rise of the Data Scientist”
- Ayse Oztop, GTech : “You Can’t Improve What You Don’t Measure”
- Adam Seed, James Coyle, John Holifield, Rittman Mead / Nominet : “BI Reporting Pack in the Real World”
- Adam Bloom, Oracle Corporation : “Oracle BI 11g Diagnostics”
- Emiel van Bockel, Centraal Boekhuis : “Go agile all the BI way”
- Mike Durran & Mark Rittman, Oracle Corporation/Rittman Mead : “Exalytics – All you ever wanted to know”
- Chris Webb, Crossjoin Consulting : “Introduction to the Microsoft BI Stack from a Microsoft MVP”
- Michael Wilcke, sumIT AG : “From reports/spreadsheets to OBI”
- Tim/Dan Vlamis, Vlamis Software Solutions, Inc. : “Data Visualization in Oracle BI 11g”
- Sunil S Ranka, FCS : “Deep Dive in OBIEE 11g Performance Tuning”
- Rene Kuipers, VX Company : “Groups, Roles and Issues”
- Stewart Bryson, Rittman Mead : “Reporting Against Transactional Schemas with OBIEE 11g”
- Matt Bedin, Phillipe Lions : "Real-Time / Low Data Latency Analytics with Oracle BI and Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine"
- Mark Rittman, Rittman Mead : “Inside Oracle Exalytics and Oracle TimesTen”
- Dan Vlamis, Vlamis Software Solutions, Inc : “OLAP Is Different From What You Think”
- Jordan Meyer, Rittman Mead : “Designing Eye-Catching and Effective Dashboards” and in web-based, interactive format (press right-arrow on keyboard to page through)
- Ramke Ramakrishnan, MarketSphere : “A Deep Dive into OBIEE 11g Security”
Finally, I put together two Flickr photo sets of the Brighton, and Atlanta, events, which you can access here:
Thanks again to everyone who attended, spoke or helped organize the event. Now to start planning 2013!