Well, we're all back home now after two very successful Rittman Mead BI Forum events in Brighton, and then Atlanta, earlier this month in May 2013. Around 70 OBIEE, ODI, Endeca and Essbase developers from around Europe got together in the first week in Brighton, followed by around 60 in Atlanta, and we were joined by Cary Millsap (Method R Corporation), Alex Gorbachev (Pythian) and Toby Potter (Data Sift) as special guest speakers over the two events. Thank you again to everyone who came along and supported the event, and a special thanks to the speakers without whom, of course, the BI Forum couldn't take place. In addition, sincere thanks to Mike, Adam, Philippe, Alan, Marty, Jack and Florian from Oracle for coming along and sharing plans and insights around the Oracle product roadmap, and finally; congratulations to Antony Heljula (Peak Indicators Ltd) and Jeremy Harms (CD Group) who won the "Best Speaker" award for Brighton and Atlanta respectively.
Photos from the two events (a selection from Brighton are above, some from Atlanta below this paragraph) are available in these Flickr photo sets:
- "Rittman Mead BI Forum 2013, Brighton" (Flickr photo set)
- "Rittman Mead BI Forum 2013, Atlanta" (Flickr photo set)
As we always do, we're also making the slides (where allowed by the speaker, and not under NDA) available for download using the links below, including the one-day Oracle Data Integration Masterclass provided by Stewart Bryson, Michael Rainey and myself. Note that Christian Screen's and Jeremy Harms slides are actually online, so I don't think you'll be able to download them from whatever service is hosting them - sorry.
Oracle Data Integration Masterclass (Stewart Bryson, Michael Rainey, Mark Rittman, Rittman Mead)
- "Introduction to Oracle Data Integrator 11g"
- "ODI and the Oracle Reference Architecture for Information Management"
- "ODI and GoldenGate – A Perfect Match…"
- "ODI and Hadoop, MapReduce and Big Data Sources"
- "The Three R’s of ODI Fault Tolerance : Resuming, Restarting and Restoring"
- "Scripting and Automating ODI using Groovy and the ODI SDK"
Brighton RM BI Forum, May 8th - 10th 2013
- “OBIEE SampleApp 22.214.171.124 functional highlights” (Philippe Lions, Oracle Corporation)
- “OBI Performance Tuning – Real Customer Success Stories” (Antony Heljula, Peak Indicators Ltd)
- “Secrets of OBIEE implementation at LGI” (Marco Klaassens, Liberty Global)
- TED Session 1: ”Why I want to be working with Business Intelligence in 5 years time” (Jon Mead, Rittman Mead)
- TED Session 3 : “Incrementally loading Exalytics using Notepad” (Antony Heljula, Peak Indicators Ltd)
- “Oracle Data Integrator 11g Best Practices. Busting your performance, deployment, and scheduling headaches.” (Uli Bethke/Maciek Kocon, Independent)
- “New Developments in BI Multi-tenancy and Cloud” (Adam Bloom, Oracle Corporation
- “The Magic of Aggregates” (Michael Wilcke, sumIT AG)
- “Integrating Oracle BI, BPM and BAM 11g: The complete cycle of information” (Edelweiss Kammermann, Awen Consulting)
- "Endeca - Beyond the Demos" (Adam Seed, Rittman Mead)
Atlanta RM BI Forum, May 15th - 17th 2013
- “It’s all in the genes – The power of Oracle Exadata and the Oracle Database” (Rene Kuipers, VX Company)
- "In Memory Analytics – Times Ten, Essbase 126.96.36.199 – Analysis – A Comparison” (Venkatakrishnan J, Rittman Mead)
- TED Session 3 : “A BI Publisher Beginner’s MacGyver-Hack for Financial Reporting with OBIEE: A Quickie!” (Jeremy Harms, CD Group)
- “Performance Tuning the BI Apps with a Performance Layer” (Jeff McQuigg, KPI Partners Inc)
- "Thinking Clearly about Performance" (Cary Millsap, Method R Corporation) - see also the accompanying technical paper
- ”Forecasting and Time Series Analysis in Oracle BI” (Tim & Dan Vlamis, Vlamis Software Solutions Inc)
- “Hadoop versus the Relational Data Warehouse.” (Alex Gorbachev, Pythian)
- "How to Create a Plug-In for Oracle BI 11g” (Christian Screen, Capgemini)
- "ODI and Hadoop / Big Data" (Alan Lee & Marty Gubar, Oracle Corporation)
- "BI Applications 11g and ODI" (Florian Schouten, Oracle Corporation)
- "OBIA 11G – What You Need To Know: Part 1" (Kevin McGinley, Accenture)
So once again - thank you to everyone who came along, especially the speakers but also everyone from our Brighton and Atlanta offices who helped set the event up, and made sure it all ran so smoothly. See some of you again in Brighton and Atlanta next year, and our next outing is to ODTUG KScope'13 in New Orleans - another great event with the BI Track organised by Kevin McGinley - make sure you're there!