I’m writing this in my hotel room in downtown San Francisco, with my colleague Francesco Tisiot flying in tonight and US colleagues Jordan Meyer, Daniel Adams and Andy Rocha travelling down tomorrow and Monday for next week's BIWA Summit 2015. The Business Intelligence, Warehousing and Analytics SIG is a part of IOUG and this year also hosts the 11th Annual Oracle Spatial Summit, giving us three days of database-centric content touching most areas of the Oracle BI+DW stack.
Apart from our own sessions (more in a moment), BIWA Summit 2015 has a great-line up of speakers from the Oracle Database and also Hadoop worlds, featuring Cloudera’s Doug Cutting and Oracle’s Paul Sondereggar and with most of the key names from the Oracle BI+DW community including Christian Screen, Tim & Dan Vlamis, Tony Heljula, Kevin McGinley and Stewart Bryson, Brendan Tierney, Eric Helmer, Kyle Hailey and Rene Kuipers. From a Rittman Mead perspective we’ve delivering a number of sessions over the days, details below:
- Jordan Meyer, “Intro to Data Science for Oracle Professionals” - Tuesday Jan 27th, 9.00am - 9.50am
- Mark Rittman, “Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to OBIEE and ODI” - Wednesday Jan 28th 11.00am - 11.50am
- Daniel Adams & Andy Rocha, “OBIEE Data Visualization: The How and the Why” - Wednesday Jan 28th, 1.00pm - 1.50pm (pt.1) and 2.00 - 2.50pm (pt.2)
- Francesco Tisiot, “Oracle BI Cloud Service : What is It, and Where Will it Be Useful?” - Wednesday Jan 28th, 4.00pm - 4.50pm
- Mark Rittman, “End-to-End Hadoop Development using OBIEE, ODI and Oracle Big Data” - Thursday Jan 29th, 9.30am - 10.20am
Rittman Mead are also proud to be one of the media sponsors for the BIWS Summit 2015, so look out for blogs and other activity from us, and if you’re coming to the event we’ll look forward to seeing you there.