Well we’re back in Brighton, UK now after the second successful week of the Rittman Mead BI Forum 2014. In Week 1, we went to the Seattle Hotel in Brighton (read the recap here), and then straight-after we flew over to Atlanta, GA, to run the second week - and it was possibly even better than Brighton ;-)
Congratulations to Omri Traub, winner of the Atlanta Best Speaker award - the first person from Oracle to win, in fact - and to all of the other presenters who helped put together an excellent event. If you’re interested, I’ve uploaded a bunch of photos from both Brighton and Atlanta to Flickr, and you can view the BI Forum 2014 photo set here.
As usual, where we’ve got permission (or the PDF) from the presenter, we’re making all of the presentations available for download to both attendees and non-attendees - not everyone can make it to the event, but we don’t want you to miss-out. We’re also very grateful to Lars George and Cloudera for making their Hadoop Masterclass slides available too - thanks everyone.
- Lars George Cloudera Hadoop Masterclass Part 1: Introduction to Hadoop
- Lars George Cloudera Hadoop Masterclass Part 2: Data Ingress and Ingestion
- Lars George Cloudera Hadoop Masterclass Part 3: NoSQL and HBase
- Lars George Cloudera Hadoop Masterclass Part 4: Data Analysis
- Chris Jenkins : TimesTen for Exalytics: Best Practices and Optimisation
- Robin Moffatt : No Silver Bullets : OBIEE Performance in the Real World
- Michael Rainey : A Picture Can Replace A Thousand Words
- Andrew Bond & Stewart Bryson : Evolution of Information Management - Architecture & Development
- Truls Bergensen - Drawing in a New Rock on the Map - How will of Endeca Fit in to Your Oracle BI Topography
- Nicholas Hurt & Michael Rainey : Real-time Data Warehouse Upgrade - Success Stories
- Gianni Ceresa : Essbase within/without OBIEE - not just an aggregation engine
- Marco Klaassens : Speed up RPD Development
- Christian Berg : Neo's Voyage in OBIEE
- Alistair Burgess : Tuning TimesTen with Aggregate Persistence
- Kevin McGinley : Adding 3rd Party Visualization to OBIEE
- Susan Cheung : TimesTen In-Memory Database for Analytics - Best Practices and Use Cases
- Christian Screen : Oracle BI Got MAD and You Should Be Happy
- Patrick Rafferty : More Than Mashups - Advanced Visualizations and Data Discovery
- Stewart Bryson : ExtremeBI: Agile, Real-Time BI with Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate
- Wayne Van Sluys : Everything You Know about Oracle Essbase Tuning is Wrong or Outdated!
Other than that - thanks again to everyone who attended, and hopefully we’ll see you all again next year!